- Company name
- J-Pharma Co.,Ltd.
- Head office
Leading Venture Plaza 1 75-1
Onocho, Tsurumi-ku, Yokohama, 230-0046 Japan
- December 26, 2005
- 1,255 million yen (As of Aug, 2021)
- Research and development of novel pharmaceutical products
- Founder and Fellow
- Hitoshi Endou, M.D., Ph.D.
President & CEO：Masuhiro Yoshitake
Director & CFO：Norihiro Ashida
External Director：Sadashi Suzuki
External Director：Shinichiro Komoto
External Director：Toshiyuki Mori
External Director：Kazunobu Nishimura
Audit & Supervisory：Tadashi Takeuchi
Audit & Supervisory：Teruhisa Tajima
Audit & Supervisory：Toshio Furuta
- Scientific Advisory Board
Member：Yukio Kato, Ph.D.
Member：Kyoichi Kaira, M.D., Ph.D.
- Collaboration Partners
Osaka University (Osaka, Japan) Kitasato University (Tokyo, Japan)
Kyorin University (Tokyo, Japan) University of Tokyo (Tokyo, Japan)
Dokkyo Medical University (Saitama, Japan) Chiba University (Chiba, Japan)
Kanazawa University (Kanazawa, Japan)
University of Colorado (Denver, USA)
Centre national de la recherche scientifique(Nice, France)
Khon Kaen University (Thailand)
（Left）Hitoshi Endou （Right）Max Yoshitake
Hitoshi Endou, MD., Ph.D.
established J-Pharma in December 2005. Dr. Endou serves as Emeritus Professor, Kyorin University.
（Left）Max Yoshitake （Right）Hitoshi Endou
joined J-Pharma in December 2018. He served as Executive Operating Officer, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Start of fundamental research and application of transporters at Kyorin University
- Identification of OAT1, a novel anionic drug transporter protein suitable for pharmacokinetic estimation
- Identification of LAT1, a novel cancer-specific essential amino acid transporter protein
- Established Human Cell Systems Co., Ltd. (as an intellectual property managing entity)
- Identification of URAT1, a uric acid transporter, and clarified its role in development of hyperuricaemia
- Tokyo Cooperative Development Assistance Project was awarded to “Development of anti-pancreatic cancer
drug targeting new molecular target”, proposed by founders of J-Pharma.
- J-Pharma established.
- “Development of drug for treating hyperphosphatemia” by J-Pharma was awarded the Medical Device Practical Research Support Project funded by the National Institute of Biomedical Innovation.
- Innovation Practical Application Project by NEDO* was awarded to “Development of scirrhous stomach cancer therapy” by J-Pharma.(NEDO : New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization)
- Molecular Imaging Research Program by MEXT* was awarded to “Development of novel molecular probes targeting cancer cell specific membrane proteins” by J-Pharma.(MEXT : Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology)
- Innovation Promotion Project by NEDO was awarded to “R & D project and clinical phase 1 study of a novel phosphoric acid adsorbent JPH101” by J-Pharma.
- Bridging between Basic Research and Clinical Research Development Project by NEDO was awarded to “Research and development of a novel anticancer therapy targeting a cancer cell specific, essential amino acid transporter, LAT1” by J-Pharma.
- Venture Practical Application Grant Project by NEDO was awarded to “Clinical development of an innovative anticancer drug by inhibiting amino acid transporter” by J-Pharma.
- Special Zone Leading Project Grant by Yokohama City was awarded to “Development of in vitro diagnostic kit for triple negative malignant breast tumor” by J-Pharma.
- Venture Practical Application Grant Project by NEDO was awarded to “Establishing POC of a novel anti- cancer drug JPH203 by clinical trials” by J-Pharma.
- Special Zone Leading Project Grant by Yokohama City awarded to “Commercial application of in vitro diagnostics for triple negative breast cancer” by J-Pharma.
- Started Phase 1 study of JPH203 in Japan
- Phase 1 study of JPH203 completed.
- Started Phase Ⅱ study of JPH203 in Japan