- Company name
- J-Pharma Co.,Ltd
- Head office
Leading Venture Plaza 1 75-1
Onocho, Tsurumi-ku, Yokohama, 230-0046 Japan
- December 26, 2005
- 3 billion 35 million yen (As of the end of Nov, 2020)
- Research and development of novel pharmaceutical products
- Founder and Fellow
- Hitoshi Endou, M.D., Ph.D.
President & CEO：Yoshitake Masuhiro
Director, Corporate Planning：Yoshinori Bamba
Director, R&D：Takehiro Igawa
External Director：Satoe Otsubo
External Director：Toshiyuki Mori
Audit & Supervisory：Futoshi Nakamura
Audit & Supervisory：Yutaka Ikuta
- Scientific Advisory Board
Chairman：Yoshikatsu Kanai, M.D., Ph.D.
Board member：Yukio Kato, Ph.D.
Board member：Kyoichi Kaira, M.D., Ph.D.
- Collaboration Partners
Osaka University (Osaka, Japan) Kitasato University (Tokyo, Japan)
Kyorin University (Tokyo, Japan) University of Tokyo (Tokyo, Japan)
Dokkyo Medical University (Saitama, Japan) Chiba University (Chiba, Japan)
University of Colorado (Denver, USA)
Centre national de la recherche scientifique(Nice, France)
Khon Kaen University (Thailand)
- Fundamental research and application of transporter at Kyorin University
- Identification of LAT1, a novel cancer-specific essential amino acid transporter protein
- Established Human Cell Systems Co., Ltd. (as an intellectual property managing entity)
- Identification of URAT1, an uric acid transporter, and clarified its role in development of hyperuricaemia
- Tokyo Cooperative Development Assistance Project was awarded to “Development of anti-pancreatic cancer
drug targeting new molecular target”, proposed by founders of J-Pharma.
- J-Pharma established.
- “Development of drug for treating hyperphosphatemia” by J-Pharma was awarded the Medical Device Practical Research Support Project funded by the National Institute of Biomedical Innovation.
- Innovation Practical Application Project by NEDO* was awarded to “Development of gastric hard cancer therapy” by J-Pharma.(NEDO : New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization)
- Molecular Imaging Research Program by MEXT* was awarded to “Development of novel molecular probes targeting cancer cell specific membrane proteins” by J-Pharma.(MEXT : Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology)
- Innovation Promotion Project by NEDO was awarded to “R & D project and clinical phase 1 study of a novel phosphoric acid adsorbent JPH101” by J-Pharma.
- Bridging between Basic Research and Clinical Research Development Project by NEDO was awarded to “Research and development of an novel anticancer therapy targeting a cancer cell specific, essential amino acid transporter, LAT1” by J-Pharma.
- Venture Practical Application Grant Project by NEDO was awarded to “Clinical development of an innovative anticancer drug by inhibiting amino acid transporter” by J-Pharma.
- Special Zone Leading Project Grant by Yokohama City was awarded to “Development of in vitro diagnostic kit for triple negative malignant breast tumor” by J-Pharma.
- Venture Practical Application Grant Project by NEDO was awarded to “Establishing POC of a novel anti- cancer drug JPH203 by clinical trials” by J-Pharma.
- Special Zone Leading Project Grant by Yokohama City awarded to “Commercial application of in vitro diagnostics for triple negative breast cancer” by J-Pharma.
- Started Phase 1 study of JPH203 in Japan
- Phase 1 study of JPH203 completed.
- Started Phase Ⅱ study of JPH203 in Japan